Andrew is a British writer in California. He is editor-at-large at SFGATE and previously worked as Senior Editor at The Bold Italic and as a Creative Executive at Will Smith's Westbrook Studios. Andrew's writing has appeared in The Atlantic, Vice, McSweeney's and many other places. He has won four San Francisco Press Club awards. Andrew has a feature script in pre-production with FAMM Films and judges Francis Ford Coppola's annual script contest. He used to be pretty funny on Twitter.
• The Last Party on Lombard Street
• Inside Death Valley Junction, the loneliest town in California
• There's No Such Thing as a 'Child Pilot': The Tragedy of Jessica Dubroff
• An Influencer Who Bought a Ghost Town is Ready to Die There
• The Story of the World's Last Lost Tourist, Erwin Kreuz
• The Best Bar in America is in San Francisco: Why We Need Vesuvio
• Is San Francisco Returning to its Bohemian Roots?
• I Went to Gravity Hill, the Bay Area's Most Confusing Road
• The Ghost who Haunts San Francisco's Smallest Park Changed America
• Confessions of an Ore Whore: How This Game Saved My 2020
• The Man Who Tried To Find Fame Jumping Off the Golden Gate Bridge
• A Hidden WWII Letter in a Wall Leads to Search for the 'Little Rat Babe'
• Did The '62 Alcatraz Escapees Survive?
• The Fiery, Doomed History of The Cliff House
• The Bear on the California Flag Lived in Golden Gate Park
• The Golden Dragon Massacre: A Bloody Rampage in the Heart of 1970s San Francisco
• Family Bonding and Breaking During Shutdown
• Dirty Harry's Blood-Soaked San Francisco was a Terrifying Reality
• The Lost Waterways of San Francisco
• The Death of an Actress in San Francisco. What Happened in Room 1219?
• Thank You For Insisting I Take A Tour Of Your Home, Sandra!
• Organized Intimacy in Silicon Valley
for The Atlantic
• Nirvana’s Unplugged In New York Still Shines
• The Subversive Awkwardness of Four Weddings and a Funeral
• The World’s Biggest Bands are British and its Solo Artists are American
for The Bold Italic
• My British Accent Doesn't Work Anymore
• Bohemian Grove - The Most Secretive Club in America
• How You'll Really React When The Big One Hits
• Gmail’s Smart Reply is Part of Me Now
• The Most Republican Hangouts in San Francisco
• When Should You Tell Your Kids About Trump?
• Blue Bottle vs Cat Shit Coffee
• Is San Francisco’s Music Scene Dead?
• How Climate Change Will Change The Shape of San Francisco
• Everything Will be All Right in the End
• The Numerous Human Rights Violations of Christmas Songs
• Nostalgia and Creativity in the Digital World
for Drowned in Sound
• Canon in the 1990s: From Spiritualized to Coolio, Regurgitating Pachelbel’s Canon
• Neil Young’s Tonight’s The Night at Forty
for Truth Out
• Kieron Bryan and the Arctic Thirty
for the SF Weekly
• SF Girls issue Old School Epic
• The Walkmen Celebrate Ten Years at the Independent
• Interview with The Eels’ Mr. E
for The Dad
• Why You Need To Watch Apocalypse Now, Er Now
for the Blockchain Education Network
• Moving House on the Blockchain
for Obscure Sound
• Elbow – Build A Rocket Boys!
for The Ruckus
• Surviving Britpop – Stay Cool
• The Piano Lesson in The Eunoia Review
• The Sad Migration in the Turk’s Head Review
• From The Funeral To The Party in Forum Magazine